Before I start my tale you will need a little background....
In October of this past year we had a new server come to Fridays. Well, she was actually part of the opening crew from 2 years ago but for some reason or another was fired and then rehired in October. Picture a girl who looks like Tela Tequila only 3 feet tall, about 30 pounds heavier, and homelier. I was in charge of training her, but clearly she felt like she should be training me. At one point she hand me a tables order and demanded that I run it out to the table. I said, "what's the matter are YOUR arms broken" and then she looked at me and said, "well I'm busy right now." Doing what? I don't know. Later on that evening I sat down with her and two other trainees to go over there book work and she could not be bothered to even pretend to pay attention. At that point I told her she could leave because there was no point of her sitting there if she wasn't going to make an effort.
The next day she called into work and said she wouldn't be coming back afterall because her boyfriend had just gotten a promotion and he would now be supporting her. Lovely.
So I told that story to tell this one. Tonight, the lovely young lady that I have just described came into Fridays with two of her friends (the only two she has I would imagine) and sat in the bar area. At one point as I walked past she says to me, "hey I know you." I replied, "yeah I know you too. You're Marifay right?" She then says, "yeah, and from what I remember you were really bossy and thought you knew everything".....pause, "You can go now."
WHAT?!
This is a girl that I have spent maybe 3 hours of my life in the presence of and not only did she come to this conclusion in a short period time, but has dwelled on it for the last 6 months and felt it necessary bring up tonight. Clearly I made a lasting impression on her.
The thing about this is that I was even really offended by her comments because I don't know or care for this person in the least and it makes no difference to me what she thinks of me. The thing that got me though is who has the audacity to say that to someone who is little more than a stranger. I mean seriously... Who does that?
It was at this point that I was speechless. I mean, what do you say to that? Feel free to send me suggestions.
No comments:
Post a Comment