As a server I can look at a group of people walk in the door and not only tell you how they tip, but on some occasions, how they like their steak cooked and what kind of salad dressing they use. Some of these assumptions are based on race, but they are also based on age, sex, and your general attitude. So not only are we racist, but we are also agist and sexist. I wish that this wasn't true, but unfortunately most people perpetuate the stereotype we place on them. Once in a while people surprise you, but for the most part we know what's coming. I might get into more detail later, but for now we'll just leave it at that.
Now let's discuss tipping. Servers make $2.83 an hour. In some places it's not even that much. That means that they rely solely on their tips. If you don't plan on tipping 20%, then you can go to McDonald's.
Alright, that's enough for now. I have to go to work and wait on the public at large.
No comments:
Post a Comment